Space Mice Academy: next steps.






The idea for Space Mice Academy was always that mice could conquer the entire Solar System. However, just getting to the Moon has taken much effort and time than I expected.

The problem is this: given this effort involved, was it worth to go further without knowing if the formula would work? For this question I will soon have an answer when the analysis of the results has been finished. I guestI will consider investing development time in carrying out the ideas I have in mind for this project.

My idea was that when you get to the Moon, the game would change and open up to other diferent types of mechanics than launching rockets, but without giving it up.

I asked to myself: what are the mice going to do on the Moon? The answer was obvious: build a civilization. For what reason? To continue expanding, of course. So the goal would be to take mice there, turn them into settlers, and build a lunar base. Meanwhile, on Earth, the kids would be in charge of supplying all kinds of materials to send them to the lunar base. Launching rockets would continue having a role in all this, because the materials would need to be sent, but the game time would be split between sending resources and mice, and managing those resources in the construction of the base to finally launch rockets from the Moon, interplanetary. And repeat this formula for the entire Solar System.

It would be funny? I would like to hear opinions about it. Intuition tells me it would be risky. The idea can be expanded in many ways, so it has the potential. But introducing new mechanics at that when gameplay is so advanced, without having presented them before, is not usual. There are arguments for and against it. I can think of games like "A dark room", where the game started being a clicker, then it became an exploration game and finally a Space Invaders, all starting from a single element in the interface, a button " Light the fire". In favor is also the fact that I like games that surprise you, that change and turn into things you did not expect.

About how the development of these bases would be carried out, the design of this part of the game, I only have a light idea. I am open to suggestions and I will try to think about it and play other people's games while I think about it.
 

Conclusion is I would like to continue developing this game, and try things to see how far I can take it, but I would also like to make new things. People are asking me to schedule something where they can shoot ... people love to shoot. :)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Privacy Policy

Space Mice Academy - Presskit